OmniUpdate is seeking an ambitious and highly motivated UI/UX Designer to architect the end to end user experience for our products, including OU Campus, our flagship Content Management System. The UI/UX Designer will be expected to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into user stories, sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UI/UX Designer will also be expected to create visual designs for the product.
We seek Design enthusiasts and avid problem solvers, types that don't require too much hand holding and enjoy jumping into a situation and figuring out a solution. The UI/UX Designer will undergo training on the OmniUpdate product line but will be expected to have working knowledge of design processes and tools.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will act as an advocate for the user on cross functional teams
- You will take a user-centered design approach, translating concepts into user stories, task flows, use cases, low and high fidelity wireframes and functional documentation, etc, that lead to intuitive, fully accessible, user experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. You don’t have to code, but you must know how to write so engineers know exactly what you want to be built.
- You will provide visual design details, taking into consideration the interaction design direction, and adding the look and feel for brand identity and company standards.
- You will write initial copy and messaging for the product based on the audience we are reaching
- You will manage the interface design process, including optimizing and standardizing design elements and maintaining our design system.
- You will manage the continuing maintenance and improvement of the OU Campus Feedback program, enabling our customers to give frequent meaningful feedback about our product and designs.
- You will perform regular research for continuous learning of emerging technologies and improvement in applicable tools.
- You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, taking part in Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives, Daily Scrums, and other activities associated with our Agile development practices
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience for Saas based web and mobile solutions
- Expertise in standard UX software tools, such as Sketch, Sketch plugins (e.g., Craft), InVision, and Photoshop Illustrator
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns. Experience with Design Systems desired.
- Experience designing to meet web accessibility guidelines
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Passion about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions for mobile and desktop. Portfolio should include wireframes/storyboards, interactive flows, screenshots and design specs
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning opportunities
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous contributions to insurance for dependent(s)
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development
OmniUpdate® is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company focuses on providing an exceptional customer experience to its 40,000+ OU Campus™ CMS users who manage more than 700 college and university websites in the U.S. and around the world. OU Campus is secure and scalable, and empowers institutions to effectively manage their web and mobile presence by taking advantage of the latest technologies through its complete feature set, extensible tools, deployment flexibility, and community resources. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/careers