OmniUpdate, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator with Windows, Linux, networking experience to provide deployment, updates, maintenance, system and user administration. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated, and capable of handling a broad variety of client, server and network administration duties. This is a full-time position from our Camarillo offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide system administration and consulting for Linux, Windows virtual servers and network systems.
- Install and configure server-side scripting platforms, Web, FTP, SFTP and database servers.
- Install and maintain our web content management system (CMS) OU Campus and related components.
- Setup and maintain server and network hardware, rack systems, and cable management.
- Setup and maintain server daemons, virtualized operating systems, VLAN, WiFI, VPN and various network configurations.
- Perform helpdesk operations using ticketing, email, phone and collaboration systems.
- Assist IT Helpdesk with end-user systems provisioning, administration, and deprovisioning, audio/video configurations, and ticket overflow.
- Maintain documentation on end-user applications, troubleshooting practices, network infrastructure, and office equipment.
- Track devices and software inventory in asset management system.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Professional demeanor, strong communication, interpersonal, intuitive and troubleshooting skills.
- Linux systems administration experience including bash command line and shell scripting. CentOS/Red Hat preferred.
- Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange or Office 365 administration experience.
- Networking technologies understanding and experience including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, FTP, SSH/SFTP and RDP.
- Experience with web server administration including IIS and Apache.
- Package management and software compilation.
- Administration experience with at least two of the following: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL or Sybase (SAP) ASE.
- Experience with virtualization systems, particularly VMware.
- Normal daytime office hours apply with availability during weekday evenings to deploy updates with flexibility to perform evening/off-hour maintenance.
- Ability to research, learn, and work independently.
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- Tomcat, load balancers, multi-tenant/SaaS systems experience.
- Juniper Networks routers and switches.
- KACE, ZenDesk, Veeam, Dell, EMC, Confluence experience.
What you’ll gain:
- Sponsored training opportunities
- Fully Paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Generous Contributions to Dependent Medical and Dental Coverage
- Fully Paid Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan
- Private Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Account (section 125 plan)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
A practical skills test may be administered as part of the interview process.
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to solve higher education’s digital marketing challenges. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company.