OmniUpdate, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Administrator with Linux, Web Services, and networking experience to assist in installation and maintenance of server applications and networking infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated, and capable of handling a broad variety of client, server, and network administration duties. This is a full-time position from our Camarillo offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide system administration and consulting for Linux, Windows and network systems.
- Install and configure server-side scripting platforms, Web, FTP, NFS and database servers.
- Install and maintain our web content management system (CMS) OU Campus and related components.
- Setup and maintain server and network hardware, rack systems, and cable management.
- Setup and maintain server daemons, virtualized operating systems, and vlans and other network configurations.
- Setup and maintain web application server clusters, load balancing and proxying.
- Perform helpdesk operations using ticketing system.
- Maintain customer-facing and internal documentation for systems administration personnel.
- Assist in maintaining other services necessary for company operations.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in a systems administration, systems engineering or devops role.
- Demonstrable change control, systems analysis, and problem resolution skills.
- Background in providing web services for medium to large numbers of users.
- Professional demeanor, strong communication, interpersonal, intuitive and troubleshooting skills.
- Linux systems administration experience. CentOS/Red Hat preferred.
- Apache, Tomcat and JVM deployment and administration experience.
- Web proxy and load balancer configurations.
- Bash command line and Shell Scripting experience.
- Networking technologies, including TCP/IP, VLANs, HTTP(S), SSH, SCP/SFTP, NFS and block-level network storage.
- Knowledge of at least two RDBMS from a system administration perspective, particularly PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL. SQL, transactions, explain plans.
- Experience with virtualization and one or more SAN technologies.
- Normal daytime office hours apply with availability during weekday evenings to deploy updates with flexibility to perform evening/off-hour maintenance.
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- SaaS Systems, App Server Clusters
- Juniper Network
What you’ll gain:
- Exciting work environment
- Learning opportunities and professional development
- Flexible schedules and casual dress
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous contribution to dependent medical and dental coverage
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
A practical skills test may be administered as part of the interview process.
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to streamline content administration and solve the digital marketing and communication challenges of higher education. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/index.html.