Have a passion for Social Media? Do you understand that social media is more than just posting selfies and liking posts? Do you know the tricks and tactics to stand out from the insanely crowded world of social? Can you hold a conversation 140 characters at a time? If so, OmniUpdate, Inc. is looking for you! We’re building up our marketing team while developing a new inbound lead funnel, and are looking for a superstar Social Media Specialist that can take our game to the next level and be the “voice” of the company providing expert content that drives traffic back to our other channels.
We’re not a new company, but we run like a startup in some respects. So, if you have a desire to make your mark, help develop our voice and branding, and help distinguish us as the experts of our field that we are, then we want to know about you. This is a full-time position based in our Camarillo offices. No telecommuting is available.
In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please submit a cover letter as well as links to your public social media account(s) and include a demonstrated ability to strategize and run social media accounts at a professional level (portfolio or similar).
PS. If you have a solid understanding of how an inbound marketing funnel works and understand the type of support social media can provide, we especially want to hear from you.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create both new and repurposed editorial content for social channels that include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and Instagram.
- Acquisition of new audience through marketing campaigns, promotions, and partnerships.
- Influencer management including but not limited to researching social influencers relevant to OmniUpdate’s audience, development of outreach messaging, building and maintaining relationships with social influencers, and engagement in listening and continued conversations with social influencers.
- Quickly respond to and address any negative feedback.
- Understand the core and secondary audiences of OmniUpdate through research and study.
- Daily monitoring and listening of social conversations mentioning brand, competitors, and news which may impact program execution.
- Stay current on social media trends through research to improve the customer experience, drive lead conversions, and leverage ongoing customer involvement, including keeping up to date on new cutting edge marketing approaches, technologies, and services that enhance social media efforts.
- Delivery of recommendations to Director of Marketing on a regular basis on how we can be managing and improving social engagement within the brand’s social channels.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on social engagement and KPIs.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills specifically when consulting with vendors, customers, and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to present error free work.
- Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions including the ability to make quick decisions and redirect priorities
- Superb organizational skills, high standards, and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye for proof reading and grammar.
- Self-directed, ability to work alone and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to launch and optimize social media and marketing campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of current social media platforms and regulations regarding campaigns.
- Ability to stay current on important social channel updates and changes which may affect program execution.
- Proficient with social media tools such as HootSuite, Klout, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
- 2-3 years of social media marketing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to maintain and grow a social media presence across array of channels and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
Desirable Experience (Not Required):
- Background in Lead Generation or Sales Funnel Marketing, community development, and management highly desirable, but not required.
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning opportunities
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous contribution to dependent medical and dental coverage
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to streamline content administration and solve the digital marketing and communication challenges of higher education. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/careers.