Do you love to write? Are you a quick study and work well under deadline? Can you write engaging copy that sucks the reader in? If so, OmniUpdate, Inc. is looking for you! We’re building up our marketing team while developing a new inbound lead funnel, and are looking for a content writer who is a self-starter with a love of writing to help us generate creative and engaging technology-related content for our main channels which include: our blog, website, Social channels, emails and more.
We’re not a new company, but we run like a startup in some respects. So, if you have a desire to make your mark, help develop our voice and branding, and help distinguish us as the experts of our field that we are, then we want to know about you. This is a full-time position based in our Camarillo offices. We are willing to accept a telecommuting position for the right person.
In addition to formally applying on our website, please email email@example.com to submit a cover letter as well as three (3) current writing samples that represent three (3) different forms of content (1 blog, 1 article, 1 email, etc.) and any additional portfolio material you have to share.
PS. If you have a solid understanding of how an inbound marketing funnel works and understand the type of content needed to support the IQL and MQL (Top and Middle) of the funnel we especially want to know about you.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create engaging content in line with the content strategy for the company’s blog, website, and other channels to increase brand awareness and lead generation.
- Write both short- and long-form content including but not limited to, emails, blogs, articles, press releases, case studies, white papers, and other marketing material to support the company as an industry thought leader.
- Proofread and fact check personal submissions and assist in proofreading the work of others.
- Conduct research and become an expert of our product and industry.
- Develop and oversee efficient internal processes and calendar for managing a high volume of content.
- Generate content ideas on a regular basis and contribute to brainstorming meetings.
- Proactively spot opportunities to communicate stories of interest to the company’s stakeholders.
- Collaborate with industry related blogs, publications, and influencers to support the company’s thought leadership, brand recognition, and SEO.
- Assist with promotional collateral for tradeshows and OmniUpdate’s User Training Conference.
- Update and improve existing content as needed.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills, plus outstanding interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to present error free work.
- Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions including the ability to make quick decisions and redirect priorities
- Superb organizational skills, high standards, and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye for proof reading and grammar.
- Self-directed, ability to work alone and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Five or more years of previous writing experience in a professional setting with a demonstrated portfolio of existing content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
Desirable Experience (Not Required)
- Experience writing about technology/software.
- Experience writing for the Higher Education market.
- Understanding of how an inbound marketing funnel works and the type of content needed to support the IQL and MQL (top and middle) of the funnel.
- Understanding of social media channels and tools.
- Understanding of SEO techniques.
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning opportunities
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous contribution to dependent medical and dental coverage
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to streamline content administration and solve the digital marketing and communication challenges of higher education. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/index.html.