OmniUpdate, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator with Linux, Web Services, and networking experience to assist in installation and maintenance of server applications and networking infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated, and capable of handling a broad variety of client, server, and network administration duties. This is a full-time position from our Camarillo offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide system administration and consulting for Linux, Windows and network systems.
- Install and configure server-side scripting platforms, Web, FTP, NFS and database servers.
- Install and maintain our web content management system (CMS) OU Campus and related components.
- Setup and maintain server and network hardware, rack systems, and cable management.
- Setup and maintain server daemons, virtualized operating systems, and vlans and other network configurations.
- Setup and maintain web application server clusters, load balancing and proxying.
- Perform helpdesk operations using ticketing system.
- Maintain customer-facing and internal documentation for systems administration personnel.
- Assist in maintaining other services necessary for company operations.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Background in providing web services for medium to large numbers of users.
- Professional demeanor, strong communication, interpersonal, intuitive and troubleshooting skills.
- Linux systems administration experience. CentOS/Red Hat preferred.
- Apache, Tomcat and JVM deployment and administration experience.
- Web proxy and load balancer configurations.
- Bash command line and Shell Scripting experience.
- Networking technologies, including TCP/IP, VLANs, HTTP(S), SSH, SCP/SFTP, NFS and block-level network storage.
- Knowledge of at least two RDBMS from a system administration perspective, particularly PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL. SQL, transactions, explain plans.
- Experience with virtualization and one or more SAN technologies.
- Normal daytime office hours apply with availability during weekday evenings to deploy updates with flexibility to perform evening/off-hour maintenance.
What you’ll gain:
- Fully Paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Generous Contributions to Dependent Medical and Dental Coverage
- Fully Paid Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (section 125 plan)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- SaaS Systems, App Server Clusters
- Juniper Networks
A practical skills test may be administered as part of the interview process.
OmniUpdate® is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company's web CMS is currently used to manage more than 550 college and university websites. Headquartered in Camarillo, OmniUpdate is a rapidly growing company in an expanding market. Employees enjoy a casual but challenging work environment, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits. For more information on why you should join the OmniUpdate team, check out our careers page at: http://omniupdate.com/about/careers/