OmniUpdate has an immediate opening for a customer facing System Admin with Linux, Web Services, and networking experience to assist in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of server applications. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated, and capable of handling a broad variety of client, server, and software administration duties along with Tier 1 technical support of our Web CMS. This position will interact with customers and assist with technical server troubleshooting. This is a full-time position located in our Camarillo, CA offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide customer service support via email, phone and live chat.
- Become an expert and maintain technical expertise and knowledge of products and services offered by the company, including OU Campus and all available modules ‒ proficient in functionality, features, and limitations.
- Provide application administration and consulting for Linux and Windows systems.
- Install and configure server-side scripting platforms, Web, FTP, SFTP and database servers.
- Install and maintain our web content management system (CMS) OU Campus and related components.
- Setup and maintain server daemons, virtualized operating systems, and virtual network configurations.
- Manages time effectively to prioritize and provide prompt responses to customer inquiries while remaining within established support boundaries.
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership, urgency, and focuses primarily on the customer.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, intuitive and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail and sense or urgency
- Intermediate Linux (CentOS/Red Hat preferred) and Windows Server administration experience.
- Apache and IIS deployment and administration experience.
- Bash command line experience.
- Networking technologies, including TCP/IP, HTTP(S), SSH, SFTP, and RDP.
- Package management and software compilation.
- Knowledge of at least two RDBMS from a system administration perspective, particularly PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL.
- Working knowledge of PHP or ASP, or other scripting languages a plus
- Enthusiasm about job and pride in work
- Normal daytime office hours apply with availability during weekday evenings to deploy updates with flexibility to perform evening/off-hour maintenance.
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- Nginx, JVM, Tomcat
- Single Sign-On Systems (CAS, LDAP, ADFS, Shibboleth)
- Python, Ruby, and/or Powershell
- Knowledge of XML and XSL a plus
What you’ll gain:
- Fully Paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Generous Contributions to Dependent Medical and Dental Coverage
- Fully Paid Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (section 125 plan)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
OmniUpdate is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company's web CMS is currently used to manage more than 550 college and university websites. Headquartered in Camarillo, OmniUpdate is a rapidly growing company in an expanding market. Employees enjoy a casual but challenging work environment, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits. For more information on why you should join the OmniUpdate team, check out our careers page at: www.omniupdate.com/company/index.html.