OmniUpdate, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Systems Support Technician with workstation, mobile device, OS, application, phone, and networking experience to provide end-user deployment, updates, maintenance and training. The ideal candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated, and capable of handling a broad variety of IT helpdesk duties. This is a full-time position from our Camarillo offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Assist in supporting users and maintaining other services and operations as needed.
- Setup, maintain, and deprovision internal user desktops/laptops/mobile devices, printers, phones, and other miscellaneous network hardware and office equipment in a mixed (Windows, OS X) environment.
- Setup, maintain, and deprovision internal user application software and back-ups in a mixed (Windows, OS X) environment.
- Train end-users and be a knowledgeable advisor to end-users on devices, applications, networking, phone system and security practices.
- Setup and maintain server and network hardware, rack systems, and cable management.
- Perform helpdesk operations using ticketing, email, phone and collaboration systems.
- Maintain internal documentation on end-user applications, troubleshooting practices, network infrastructure, and office equipment.
- Track devices and software inventory in asset management system.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Professional demeanor, strong communication, interpersonal, intuitive and troubleshooting skills.
- Networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, FTP and RDP.
- Network cabling and rack equipment experience.
- Windows, OS X desktop, and applications user and administration experience.
- Normal daytime office hours apply with availability during weekday evenings to deploy updates with flexibility to perform evening/off-hour maintenance.
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- Office 365, Active Directory, ZenDesk, Veeam, VMware, Dell systems.
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning opportunities
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous contributions to insurance for dependent(s)
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development
A practical skills test may be administered as part of the interview process.
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to solve higher education’s digital marketing challenges. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/careers.