OmniUpdate, the market-leading provider of web content management software to higher education, is seeking an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our executive team. This is a full-time position based in our Camarillo offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
Main Position Objectives:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of our technological development
- Drive improved results in the Professional Services, Software Development and Information Technology Departments
- Ensure the technology strategy is fully aligned with our business strategy
- Collaborate with other executive team members on strategic planning and overall management of the Company
How you’ll make an impact:
- Proactively lead and manage the Professional Services team. Take full ownership of the departmental budget and P&L
- Evaluate risks, opportunities and make key decisions that significantly improve the performance of the department
- Work with other internal stakeholders, e.g. Sales and Customer Support, to ensure seamless workflows, on-time project delivery and satisfied customers
- Build structure and discipline into all aspects of Professional Services work
- Lead the Development team to ensure OU Campus enhances its market leadership position
- Create process to develop and manage the product roadmap. Evaluate external research and customer feedback; gather input from internal stakeholders; prioritize key features that improve the competitiveness of our product
- Manage the release process to ensure on-time, bug-free product releases
- Coach and mentor the Development team. Ensure they are using the best software development practices
- Build structure and discipline into all aspects of Development work.
- Lead the IT team to ensure our SaaS infrastructure can scale to support customer growth.
- Ensure we are achieving the highest levels of system availability, performance and security
- Identify and evaluate appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company’s services.
- Build structure and discipline into all aspects of IT work.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 8+ years in Software Development
- 5+ years in a Software Development leadership role, including full executive responsibilities such as organizational planning and budgeting
- Expert level understanding of data structures and Java collections
- Expert understanding of computer algorithms
- Advanced understanding of software design patterns such as MVC
- Experience working with distributed version control systems, preferably GIT
- Extensive understanding of scalable enterprise application architecture for SaaS
- Advanced knowledge in database systems
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- Constant self-education in emerging web technologies and methodologies
- Understanding of the Agile development process
- Familiarity with Lean development as an asset
- Familiarity with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Software as a Service (SaaS), and cloud computing.
What you’ll gain:
- Generous compensation package including stock options
- Relocation assistance, if necessary
- Fully paid medical and dental
- Generous contributions to dependent medical and dental coverage
- Fully paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401(k) plan, employee paid vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (section 125 plan)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
During the interview process, be prepared to share examples of completed work.
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to streamline content administration and solve the digital marketing and communication challenges of higher education. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/careers.