How you’ll make an impact:
- Given design mock ups, use HTML5 and CSS3 to create functional web pages
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills—adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Be able to eagerly present ideas in a group setting
- Contribute to product and UI/UX specifications
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrable experience with all of the following:
- CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- CSS preprocessor such as Sass or LESS
- Complex CSS layouts
- Previous work experience with the following:
- CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal
- Version Control Systems, preferably Distributed VCS such as Git or Mercurial.
- Good sense of best web design and user experience practices.
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in emerging technologies and a passion for programming
- Candidates with code samples on github or a personal website will be given strong consideration.
- Experience with the following web technologies:
- Handlebars (or other HTML templating solution)
- LESS (or other CSS preprocessor)
- RESTful APIs
- Git experience a plus
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning opportunities
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous contributions to insurance for dependent(s)
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development
During the interview process, be prepared to share examples of completed work.
OmniUpdate® is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company focuses on providing an exceptional customer experience to its 40,000+ OU Campus™ CMS users who manage more than 700 college and university websites in the U.S. and around the world. OU Campus is secure and scalable, and empowers institutions to effectively manage their web and mobile presence by taking advantage of the latest technologies through its complete feature set, extensible tools, deployment flexibility, and community resources. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/careers.