OmniUpdate, Inc. has an immediate opening for an IT Support Specialist to provide end-user support, training and to perform workstation deployment, updates, maintenance, and user administration. The ideal candidate will have experience working with workstations, mobile devices, OS, applications, phones, and networks. In addition, the ideal candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated, and capable of handling a broad variety of tier I level IT tasks. This is a full-time position from our Camarillo offices. This is not a telecommuting position.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Support internal users and systems, and maintain other services and operations as needed.
- Setup, maintain, and deprovision internal user desktops/laptops/mobile devices, printers, phones, and other miscellaneous network hardware and office equipment in a mixed (Windows, OS X) environment.
- Setup, maintain, and deprovision internal user application software, security software, operating system software and back-ups in a mixed (Windows, OS X) environment.
- Train end-users and be a knowledgeable advisor to end-users on devices, applications, networking, phone system and security practices.
- Setup and maintain audio/video systems for conference rooms and events.
- Perform helpdesk operations using ticketing, email, phone and collaboration systems.
- Maintain internal documentation on end-user applications, troubleshooting practices, network infrastructure, and office equipment.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal communication, good intuition and troubleshooting skills.
- General networking knowledge, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, FTP, RDP, SSH
- 1-2 years in a technical helpdesk role.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office technologies
- Windows 7/10, Mac OS X user and desktop administration experience.
- Ability to work normal daytime office hours (8-5) with flexibility to perform evening/off-hours maintenance at times.
- Ability to research, learn and work independently and as part of a team.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science/CIS or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to learn new technologies and advance within the department.
Desired (but not required) Experience:
- Windows Server administration experience (Active Directory primarily)
- Office 365 user administration
- Experience with: KACE, Veeam, Yealink handsets, Netgear wireless/switches, Dell equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/CIS or related field desired but not required.
- CompTIA A+ certification
What You’ll Gain:
- Sponsored training opportunities
- Fully Paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Generous Contributions to Dependent Medical and Dental Coverage
- Fully Paid Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan
- Private Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Account (section 125 plan)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
A practical skills test may be administered as part of the interview process.
OmniUpdate® is the leading provider of content management solutions designed to solve higher education’s digital marketing challenges. Our user-friendly platform and award-winning technology and support empower our customers to be engaged and personalized in their communications, cost-effective and efficient in their channel management, and scalable and extensible in their development. For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com/company/careers.